Are you a residential designer looking to make a change?
Do you enjoy designing awesome spaces and want to see your designs come to life?
Our design build team is searching for ambitious and energetic interior designers who are serious about building a career. We welcome designers of all experience levels to apply as we have multiple positions at different levels open.
This is a great opportunity to work with clients one-on-one using your creativity to design and plan out a variety of home remodels.
One of the beautiful things about this opportunity is that your work almost always comes to life.
We have a 95% conversion rate from design to construction, so instead of drawing and presenting ideas that never get built, you will get to work with a client from the dream stage through the build. During this process, there is collaboration with the build team for immediate feedback.
Who Are We?
Since its founding 8 years ago in a garage, Thayer Design Build has become a well-established remodeling company with a solid reputation.
We perform large high-end home remodels in the Corvallis Oregon area. Our work ranges from kitchens, basements, whole home remodels, additions, and with your help, we plan to build custom homes.
We’re a team of people driven by a desire for success and the goal of adding value while also building relationships with each other, our clients, and laughing often. We take pride in our work and take each project seriously while also maintaining a culture of respect and encouragement. We hire people who want to be here.
Having developed proven systems, our projects and team are set up for success, which leads to manageable work weeks, meaningful relationships, and enjoyable work. Though we are early on in our development, we are committed to building a great company. This is your opportunity to join in on the journey while we’re on the ground floor.
Brief Job Description
As a Designer, your work ranges from working with other designers to understand and create solutions to a client’s needs all the way to being in charge of our large, complex, and high-end remodels and custom home projects and overseeing and collaborating on the projects of our junior designers to make sure their projects are progressing, clients are happy, and the design program overall runs smoothly.
This position requires someone who can confidently and independently create initial and proposed floor plan options. From there, our project designers create cabinetry, electrical, and tile plans. This position also recommends finishes and fixtures to clients.
Our work is mainly interiors, so knowledge of how to draw construction details like foundation or roof plans is not required.
- A sense of humor and humility
- A passion for creativity and the aesthetics of design
- Ability to connect and collaborate with team members, clients, trade partners, and vendors
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent communication, job coordination, and supervisory skills
- Ability to organize complex information
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Displayed drive towards career growth
- Design degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of recent hands-on Residential Design experience (residential and/or remodel work/Design Build experience strongly preferred)
- Proficiency in 3D design software (Chief, Revit, SketchUp, etc)
- Experience in space planning, cabinet design, and construction drawings
- Knowledge of and ability to recommend materials with budget, aesthetic, and functionality in mind
- Ability to lead/assist clients through the design process and into construction with supervision
- Positivity, integrity, and humility are musts!
- Optional design leadership experience and ability to oversee the design details of a project throughout construction
- Above-average pay based on experience
- Full-time, year-round work
- Profit-sharing bonus
- Paid time off (holidays + vacation)
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, and life)
- 401k (with automatic employer matching contributions)
- Continued training and educational opportunities
- Other fun perks!
Here Are Some Things to Expect About our Culture if You Join Our Team:
A collaborative and supportive work environment where your candid input is valued and if you ask for help, you receive it. Your work will be recognized and appreciated.
Wholesome respectful colleagues who are engaged in doing their best work in a low drama work environment.
Regular team events such as happy hours, birthdays, holiday celebrations, and other team building activities for the various community causes we support.
Work in an atmosphere that encourages professional development. You will be provided with opportunities for training and continuing education.
Sound financial management where you’ll receive earned raises, never miss a paycheck, or need to worry about us going out of business.
If this sounds like the type of culture that you’d fit in working at, we want to hear from you!
How to apply!
Apply by filling out the application form below and following the instructions in the follow up emails.
We look forward to hearing from you!