Are you an experienced carpenter searching to work at a company that is making progress?
Do you want to work somewhere organized with a fun culture that provides a predictable year round work load, successful projects, and happy clients?
Do you want to continue to grow your capabilities and career in the remodeling industry?
Our design build team is searching for a motivated and capable Experienced Carpenter who values excellence, collaboration, and fun.
Who Are We?
Since its founding 8 years ago, Thayer Design Build has become a well established remodeling company with a solid reputation.
We design and remodel high end residential spaces in the Corvallis area. Our projects range from kitchens, bathrooms, and basements to whole home remodels and additions.
We work with creative designers and awesome clients to set our projects and build team up for success, leading to manageable work days and plenty of time for family and friends.
Brief Job Description
As a Carpenter, you are responsible for the physical activities required to complete home remodels and additions.
The responsibilities for this position include site protection, demo, framing, flooring, mechanical, windows, doors, siding, finish carpentry, dump runs, cleaning, and more.
As remodelers, we’re inside the home a lot; there is a lot of client interaction. We need someone with soft skills like great communication, organization, cleanliness, and empathy.
Whether you have a lead carpenter level of experience or have only been at it a couple of years, we welcome you to apply as we are hiring for character, attitude, and work ethic.
- A passion for the craft
- A sense of humor and humility
- Ability to connect and collaborate with team members, clients, trade partners, and vendors
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity
- Great communication skills
- Be an organized and cleanly person
- 2+ years carpentry experience
- A professional appearance
- Great references
- Self provided hand tools
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and clean driving record
- Ability to be on your feet and perform physically demanding duties for 8+ hrs/day. Lift over 50 lbs, climb, push, pull, crawl, etc
- A clean reliable work vehicle to transport tools and the occasional material
- Competitive pay and consistent raises.
- Profit sharing bonus.
- Full time, year round work.
- Paid time off (Holidays + Vacation + Sick)
- Health, Vision, Dental, and Life insurance
- 401k with automatic employer matching contributions.
- Continued training and educational opportunities.
- Company provided apparel.
- A rockin’ team culture!
Here Are Some Things to Expect About our Culture if You Join Our Team:
A collaborative and supportive work environment where your candid input is valued and if you ask for help, you receive it. Your work will be recognized and appreciated.
Wholesome respectful colleagues who are engaged in doing their best work in a low drama work environment.
Regular team events such as happy hours, birthdays, holiday celebrations, and other team building activities for the various community causes we support.
Work in an atmosphere that encourages professional development. You will be provided with opportunities for training and continuing education.
Sound financial management where you’ll receive earned raises, never miss a paycheck, or need to worry about us going out of business.
If this sounds like the type of culture that you’d fit in working at, we want to hear from you!
How to apply!
Apply today by filling out the form below.
We look forward to hearing from you!