Lead Residential Project Designer
Are you an experienced interior designer who wants to work on a collaborative team with a great reputation? Do you enjoy designing awesome spaces and want to see your designs come to life? Have you overseen other designers, trained interns, and managed the Design Pipeline?
Our design build team is searching for you – an ambitious and energetic project designer who is serious about building a career, and leading a department.
This is a great opportunity to work with clients one-on-one using your creativity to design and plan out a variety of home remodels.
One of the beautiful things about this opportunity is that your work almost always comes to life. We have a 95% conversion rate from design to construction, so instead of drawing and presenting ideas that never get built, you will get to work with a client from the dream stage through the build, collaborating with the Build Team to make it happen.
Brief job Description:
As a Designer, your job is to solve the clients problems while creating a beautiful space that is within budget. This work involves creating the drawings, writing the scope, and suggesting material finishes.
To be successful, you must confidently and independently create initial and proposed floor plan options. From there, you’d create cabinetry, electrical, and tile plans along with recommended finishes and fixtures to clients.
As the Lead Designer, your job is to manage design as part of the Design-Build process. This includes overseeing the success of the other designers, tracking metrics and working closely with Sales and Build.
To be successful, you must be a self-starter, highly motivated, and experienced with managing people.
- Above-average pay based on experience
- Full-time, year-round work
- Profit-sharing bonus
- Paid time off (holidays + vacation)
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, and life)
- 401k (with automatic employer matching contributions)
- Continued training and educational opportunities
- And more!
- A sense of humor and humility
- A passion for creativity and the aesthetics of design
- Ability to connect and collaborate with a wide range of team members, clients, trade partners, and vendors
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent communication, job coordination, and supervisory skills
- Ability to organize complex information
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Displayed drive towards career growth
- Design degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of recent hands-on Interior Design experience (residential and/or remodel work/Design Build experience strongly preferred)
- 2+ years of experience managing a team or department.
- Proficiency in 3D design software (Chief, Revit, SketchUp, etc)
- Experience in space planning, cabinet design, and construction drawings
- Knowledge of and ability to guide clients through the materials selections process by recommend materials with budget, aesthetic, and functionality in mind
- Ability to lead/assist clients through the design process and into construction with supervision
- Positivity, integrity, and humility are musts!
Who is Thayer Design Build?:
Since its founding 9 years ago in a garage, Thayer Design Build has become a well-established remodeling company with a solid 5* reputation.
We perform home remodels in the Corvallis Oregon area. Our work ranges from kitchens, basements, whole home remodels, additions, and more.
We’re a team of people driven by a desire for progress and the goal of adding value while also building relationships with each other, our clients, and laughing often. We take pride in our work and take each project seriously while also maintaining a culture of respect and encouragement. We hire people who want to be here.
Having developed proven systems, our projects and team are set up for success, which leads to manageable work weeks, meaningful relationships, and enjoyable work. Though we are early on in our development, we are committed to building a great company. This is your opportunity to join in on the journey.
We are a values based company. As such, you’re a good fit if you embody the following:
Work as a Team: As a team we build trust through honesty, vulnerability, & follow through. We work together in the spirit of harmony and positivity. We show grace and assume good intentions.
Continuously Improve: We are constantly learning and improving. We are building a self-improvement machine. We set new standards and strive to get better every loop.
Show up Ready: We are prepared in advance and are well thought out. We have a plan and operate from an agenda. Though prepared in advance, we remain ready to pivot when needed.
Make It Happen: We have a definite purpose and diligently work towards its accomplishment. We are solution oriented, overcome limiting beliefs & have a bias towards action.
Work Efficiently: We systematically streamline processes, eliminate waste, and ensure every action adds value. We strive to create and maintain a well-oiled machine. We are proactive at implementing change upstream.
Does this speak to you?
If so, reach out today – We’re excited to meet you and have prepared a spot for you on our team!
How to Apply!
Apply below or message email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and a paragraph about why you’re interested in working together.
We look forward to hearing from you!