Are you a Lead carpenter or Project manager who wants to work on a team that is doing great work?
Do you want to work at an organized company with a fun culture that provides a predictable year round work load, successful projects, and happy clients?
Our design build team is searching for a motivated and capable Project Manager who values excellence, collaboration, and fun.
Who Are We?
Since its founding 8 years ago in a garage, Thayer Design Build has become a well-established remodeling company with a solid reputation.
We design and remodel residential spaces in the Corvallis area. Our projects range from kitchens, bathrooms, and basements to whole home remodels and additions.
We work with creative designers and awesome clients to set our projects and build team up for success, leading to manageable work days and plenty of time for family and friends
Brief Job Description
Our Project Managers are responsible for the day to day management and carpentry on our remodeling projects. This starts from the time of design to production handoff, through demo and rough-in, all the way to completion of the punch list. This includes management not only of the work itself, but also managing carpenters, clients, trade partners, and much more.
This position requires skills in Management, the Field, and Emotional Intelligence (people skills).
For Management, you would:
- Collaborate with the design team on pre-construction and planning
- Create material takeoffs
- Manage the client relationship with care
- Manage the job schedule
- Manage your trade partners; verify their accuracy of work
- Manage the carpenters who report to you
- Manage the overall quality of the product (QC)
- Understand building code and best practices to ensure quality construction
- Use a computer, tablet, and various software programs when needed
When it comes to the Field, you would:
- Potentially be on your feet for 8-10 hours a day
- Lift over 50 lbs, climb, push, pull, crawl, etc
- Perform demo, rough carpentry, and finish carpentry if needed
- Maintain safety on the job at all times
- Maintain a clean and organized jobsite and vehicle
- Install site protection as needed
When it comes to Emotional Intelligence, you would:
- Practice good communication with your team, clients, and trade partners
- Be positive; especially when faced with challenges
- Be humble; admit and learn from mistakes
- Be hungry; take responsibility to step up, grow, and succeed
- Perform conflict resolution as needed
- Competitive pay and consistent raises
- Profit sharing bonus
- Full time, year round work
- Paid time off (Holidays + Vacation + Sick)
- Health, Vision, Dental, and Life insurance
- 401k with automatic employer matching contributions
- Continued training and educational opportunities
- A work vehicle after a trial period
- Company provided apparel
- A rockin’ team culture!
Here Are Some Things to Expect About our Culture if You Join Our Team:
A collaborative and supportive work environment where your candid input is valued and if you ask for help, you receive it. Your work will be recognized and appreciated.
Wholesome respectful colleagues who are engaged in doing their best work in a low drama work environment.
Regular team events such as happy hours, birthdays, holiday celebrations, and other team building activities for the various community causes we support.
Work in an atmosphere that encourages professional development. You will be provided with opportunities for training and continuing education.
Sound financial management where you’ll receive earned raises, never miss a paycheck, or need to worry about us going out of business.
If this sounds like the type of culture that you’d fit in working at, we want to hear from you!
How to apply!
Apply by filling out the application form below and following the instructions in the follow up emails.
We look forward to hearing from you!