Residential Project Manager
Are you a Lead Carpenter or Project Manager who wants to work on a team that is doing great work?
Do you want to work at an organized company that provides a predictable year round work load, successful projects, and happy clients?
Our design build team is searching for a motivated and capable Project Manager who values excellence, collaboration, and fun.
Who is Thayer Design Build?
Since starting 8 years ago in a garage, Thayer Design Build has become a well-established remodeling company.
We perform high-end home design and remodeling in the Corvallis Oregon area. Our work consists of whole home remodels, kitchens, bathrooms, basements, and additions.
We’re driven by a desire to do great work and create happiness for our team, clients, and community.
Having developed proven systems, the work runs smoothly, which leads to great pay, a manageable workload, and an enjoyable work environment.
Brief Job Description
Our Project Managers are responsible for the day-to-day management and carpentry on our remodeling projects. This starts from the time of design to production handoff, through demo and rough-in, all the way to completion of the punchlist. This includes management not only of the work itself, but also managing carpenters, clients, trade partners, and much more.
- Competitive pay and consistent raises.
- Profit sharing bonus.
- Full-time, year-round work.
- Paid time off (Holidays + Vacation + Sick)
- Health, Vision, Dental, and Life insurance
- 401k with automatic employer matching contributions.
- Continued training and educational opportunities.
- A work vehicle after a trial period.
- Company provided apparel.
- A rockin’ team culture
For Management, you would:
- Collaborate with the design team on pre-construction and planning.
- Create material takeoffs.
- Manage the client relationship with care.
- Manage the job schedule.
- Manage your trade partners; verify their accuracy of work.
- Manage the carpenters who report to you.
- Manage the overall quality of the product (QC).
- Understand building code and best practices to ensure quality construction.
- Use a computer, tablet, and various software programs when needed.
When it comes to the Field, you would:
- Potentially be on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
- Lift over 50 lbs, climb, push, pull, crawl, etc.
- Perform demo, rough carpentry, and finish carpentry if needed.
- Maintain safety on the job at all times.
- Maintain a clean and organized jobsite and vehicle.
- Install site protection as needed.
When it comes to Emotional Intelligence you would:
- Practice good communication with your team, clients, and trade partners.
- Be positive; especially when faced with challenges.
- Be humble; admit and learn from mistakes.
- Be hungry; take responsibility to step up, grow, and succeed.
- Perform conflict resolution as needed.
- Understand how to work with challenging clients.
- 5+ years carpentry experience.
- 2+ years managing home remodels as a Lead Carpenter or Project Manager.
- Great references.
- Provide your own hand tools.
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and clean driving record.
- Ability to perform physically demanding duties for 8+ hrs/day.
How to apply!
Apply today by visiting our website and filling out our application form: https://thayerdb.com/careers/
Or message Jared@thayerdb.com with your resume and a paragraph about why you’re interested in working together!
We look forward to hearing from you!